Campina held the 2nd position of the high-end brands in the Netherlands in 2015. This appears from the annual Brand Top 100 of market research company IRI. According to IRI the high-end brands are on the rise again with respect to private labels.
Nevertheless, the sales growth of Campina as a whole fell with more than three percent in a declining dairy market; in particular the sales in custard strongly dropped. In order to turn this trend, Campina improved the recipe of custard. This Campina Vla, produced using a new recipe and without any added artificial colourings and flavourings, was newly introduced in the product range on 1 Januari 2016. Another newcomer is Mona Intense Vla [Mona Intense Custard]. The first positive results are visible in the sales figures by now.
FrieslandCampina brands in the brand top 100
These are the FrieslandCampina brands in the brand top 100:
- Milner holds position number 38 (coming from 35)
- Friesche Vlag on number 44 (was 41)
- Chocomel climbed up to 57 (65)
- Mona holds the 65th place (59)
- Coolbest is number 67 (68)
- Dubbel Frisss moved up to the 75th place (77)